Pages

Monday 1 March 2021

Tatau: Afa

 LI: To create a DLO that tells others about tatau.







Today I made a DLO about tattooing in my culture. The first thing I did was I used my smart searching skills to find out what the Tongan traditional tattoo looks like,what it means, and what It's called. I then found out that the Tongan tattoo is called the tatau And that the tatau represented the Tongan people's loyalty and love to their family and the new responsibilities they had to support. I also found out that the Tongan tatau is a representation of Tongan society and the journey of the  Tongan people’s past, present and future. I found it quite hard to do this because I didn't know that much about the Tongan tattoos. I enjoyed doing this activity because  I got to learn new things about the Tongan tatau. An interesting fact I found out about the tatau Is that  how the tatau represented the Tongan people's loyalty and love to their family and the new responsibilities they had to support this activity was fun and cool. I hope we get to do another activity like this in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment