Pages

Tuesday 1 December 2015

Building connections in Maths


We spent some time this week looking at how asking questions can help our learning. Below is the list of our own Room 5 'crowd sourced' examples. Our next step is to create a display that encourages questioning during learning time.

What questions that you have asked, or heard someone else ask that have helped you in maths?

  • Don’t be scared to come up and ask for extra help?
  • Don’t be afraid to ask questions?
  • Can you explain your thinking ?
  • Do you know what that is.
  • Do you get what I mean?
  • What strategy should I use?
  • Can you say it in a easier way so I can understand?
  • Can you help me?
  • Do you want be to explain in more detail?
  • Does this make sense to you?
  • Do you need help?
  • What strategy should I use?
  • Are there any maths game to help me?
  • Is there a website we can practise on?
  • Is there a different way to solve this?
  • Does this strategy work for me ?
  • Is this strategy work with bigger numbers?
  • Do you understand now?
  • Can you show me an example.
  • What is the best strategy to use to find the answer to this question?
  • Does this strategy work for me.
  • Can you break the strategy down for me?
  • How did you use your strategy?
  • Do you know how to solve this?

No comments:

Post a Comment