Pages

Tuesday 3 March 2015

Nana’s Unveiling: A Recount by Ducati

The rain shot down like bullets on my way to a marae, I saw nearly everyone there. I saw family I knew, and family I didn’t. Everyone was doing something. I could see grandparents, aunts, and uncles were talking, and some of the cousins playing around. It was so happy. Then the rain died out.


But some lights have the darkest places. Everyone was still a little sad that my nana died. But some didn’t like mentioning it. Until suddenly, a loud bell sound rang, that meant that food’s ready, I bet everyone’s so hungry, even I was. We all chowed down in the eating room on some hangi for breakfast, so fulling. I was in the marae just lying down feeling sleepy (everyone had their own mattress in the marae) and then, I fell asleep.


When I woke up I could see everyone sleeping, I thought How long have I been asleep for?  There was a clock hanging in the marae, but I couldn’t tell time so I went back to sleep.


The next morning I was woken up by someone, I can’t remember who though, the person said “Wake up, we need to go to the cemetery.” 
I said “What for?”Until I remembered that we’re visiting nana today. I got up as slow as I could go, but was pulled up by my sister. Everyone walked to the cemetery. Some were crying, and some didn’t want to cry, but we walked until we got to the cemetery. We all gave kisses to Nana's Tombstone and my uncle sang He Honere.

When we came back we also all had to go home. Best day of my life. Rest In Peace Nana.

1 comment:

  1. I have done a pretty impressive writing sample for my writing test and I'm proud of myself

    ReplyDelete