Pages

Wednesday 7 February 2018

Writing: Remembering Our Summer Holiday In 7 Sentences | By Jack

Today for writing, we needed to reflect a moment in our summer holidays. We were then given a template, with different human senses, and had to morph the senses into sentences about the event we chose to reflect. Once completed, we needed to show our work to a teacher, and illustrate the situation. The moment that I chose to reflect was when I went to a music store to get an amp with my guitar. I really liked this writing activity, and it really did get my imagination going wild once we had started illustrating.

Remembering our summer holiday
L.I. - Writing to recount
Writing using language features to engage readers


Complete these sentences about an event over the summer holiday. Don’t tell us what the event was just give us
enough information that we can know for ourselves.


I heard the ring as I walked through the door “RING”
I heard the instruments strumming, followed by a charming sound of an angel singing.
I saw many different shaped objects surrounding the room, like bees defending their hive.
I felt the vibrations from the differently pitched tones.
I felt each string get thinner and thinner the further I ran my fingers down the instrument, like a blunt knife getting
sharper and sharper.
I wondered if one day I could perform with my new hobby, and make a living out of it in the future.
Although I wondered how long this hobby would continue, I just continued to experiment with what I had.

Illustration:


No comments:

Post a Comment