Pages

Saturday 17 October 2015

Story Swap by Sajiha and Halatoa


"Where am I?" I questioned myself. As I looked around, I felt like I was being followed. I had never seen such a strange looking house before. I slowly crept towards the house hoping I wouldn't make a sound. Words rushed through my mind asking me if I should step back or take a risk. So I made a wise decision. Suddenly out of nowhere, the door slammed shut! My whole body started trembling. Every step I took, made me more curious. I had no other choice, so I sprinted inside the mysterious building as it felt more safe than being alone outside trapped in the darkness. The lights kept switching on and off. I only took a short glance around the room. The room was blank...


This is a short recount that Sajiha and I wrote. Our task was to take turns in writing a sentence each about the picture above. This helped us with writing a proper recount which we will be doing in a few weeks.  I found this very interesting because I had never done anything like this before and it gave us a good chance to work with people we have never worked with before!

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading your writing! I am a teacher of a Year 3 class and I was searching for some peer assessments related to writing. Do you do that in your class? And if so, do you find it helpful as a writer? We are learning to do that as I think it will make a huge difference. Keep up the great descriptive writing.... its so interesting to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandy
    I'm the teacher. We live and breathe peer led feedback and collaboration in our classroom and would be happy to share our ideas. I have spent the year carrying out this inquiry as part of the Manaiakalani Innovative Teachers program. You can contact me robyn@panmurebridge.school.nz
    Regards
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete