Pages

Tuesday 28 March 2017

Scary flying kiwi... by Fifita


As I sprinted up and down the slippery, rocky hill my heart beat faster than a cheetah. Aaaah! It’s my turn. I ran to the instructor, put on my harness and tightened it up. I checked my harness if it was stable more than 100 times.
"Kiwi are you ready?"
"YES I AM!"
I shut my eyes and prayed, that’s how frightened I was!

I was dragged up into the air like a plane taking off. I screamed at the top of my lungs. WOW! I was flying just like a bird. I did some bird positions. As Ms Kirkpatrick and Mrs Anderson came, they asked me to sing Rattlin Bog while I was up in the air. I started singing. I had two goes because they said I didn’t look that happy the first time. But on my second go I became more happy.

At the end of the day I was exhausted. I really had fun with the flying kiwi. I wanted to go for a sleep but we needed to do more things. Camp was really enjoyable. I honestly want to go back.


Last week the year 7's and 8's went on camp to Kokako Lodge. This recount is about the flying kiwi. The flying kiwi was really scary that is why my title is the scary flying kiwi. I hope you enjoyed reading my recount. This was a 5 minute recount about my favourite thing that I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment