Pages

Wednesday 29 March 2017

Flying Kiwi... by Savelina

On the 23nd of March I was at camp. On that day we got to pick our most enjoyable activity that we had done. I got so excited my heart started pounding and pounding. It was beating so fast I felt like I'd been chased by thousands of dogs! The activities I got to pick from were Archery, High ropes, Orienteering and the flying kiwi. When Mrs Anderson told us about the flying kiwi I thought to myself 'What is the flying kiwi?' Then she told us what this was. I really wanted to do that, so I did!

When the instructors were getting me into the harness I checked if I felt really scared. As soon as the instructors clipped my harness to the rope I knew there was no going back. When the others in my group were pulling me up I regretted my choice on picking this activity. As I reached to the top my eyes were closed. I couldn't open them. I felt like my eyes were stitched to each other! When I finally opened them I could see a magnificent sight. I could see the beautiful trees and bushes. I could also hear the waterfall but as soon as I looked down my heart started racing again. I felt like I was going to fall.

Luckily as the others were lowering me down my heart started to beat slowly and slowly. When my feet touched the ground I felt like I wanted to jump up and down with happiness, but I played it cool even though my friends knew I was almost going to cry at the start.


Today I got to write a recount about something amazing that has happen.This was fun for me because I got to relive my moments from camp. This is a 5 min snapshot of one of my favourite moments at camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment